Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

how to fix the weird redirection problem in wordpress after migrate from localhost to live server

I have create a wordpress website online which i need to move to my offline localhost server to modify the things, everything was working fine except the wp-admin redirection whenever i tried to open my admin panel by visiting link localhost/mysite/wp-admin it was redirecting me to my website url from where i had downloaded all the files http://mywebsite/wp-admin.

By searching a lot i didn't get any good response then i start searching the things in database on phpmyadmin.
and what i find there :). It was an entry on wordpress table wp-options  inside that there is a column option_name and option_value. I changed the sitename value to localhost and its start redirecting to my localhost path only.

database -> wp-options -> option_name(siteurl) -> option_value(your url)

posted by honeyonsys

No comments:

About Me

Hi,My name is Harish Kumar.I am a web developer by profession.I am working in the same field since 2008. About my skills i am proficient in HTML,CSS,JAVASCRIPT/JQUERY/ ANGULAR,PHP,MYSQL,APACHE,LINUXAJAX, REST,etc...